Debugging MOSS Workflows

An initial issue I had when I first started building workflows was how to debug the workflows.  Normally, I would do an attach to process to w3wp and let the debugging process take over.  However, if your dll is in the GAC, then this may not work.  You'll need to do the following steps to get it to recognize your code

  1. Make sure you are generating a pdb file for your assembly
  2. In Visual Studio click Tools -> Options
  3. Under the Debugging section and uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed)
  4. Attach to process and start debugging.
This post is a very crude run down on how to do this.  I found this information, which is explained much better and with screenshots at:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2007 Lacks Workflow Auditing

It's Been a While!

SharePoint 2007